It all started 20 years ago at a Harvest Fair in Sonoma County while sampling Gold winning Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs. Our passion for wine drove us to eventually take our love of wine and identify a premium site in the Russian River /Sonoma County area. Our goal from there was to work with high level consultants and vineyard managers to make adjustments to our vineyard with the intention of producing the highest level of quality fruit possible. Our other goal was to be hands on with all vineyard aspects, including, but not limited to working with the soil, sampling leaves, working with the labs and seeking consultation from other high quality seasoned owners, winemakers and growers.
Our goals with this vineyard were:
- To learn from other growers and avoid costly and vineyard damaging mistakes.
- To focus on quality fruit as opposed to high yields.
- To spare no expense when it comes to fertilizing, cover cropping, soil management, pruning, canopy management and vineyard adjustments.
- To stay on top of the latest farming trends and best practices and procedures.
- To not skimp on bottle quality, cork quality, labels and foils.
- To make wines that we are proud to share with friends and family, first and foremost, prior to going to market.
- To keep and maintain a boutique/cult wine with limited case production for exclusivity without mass marketing.
- To ensure that our quality wines never become or reach bulk production wine status by insisting that our wines are never offered in grocery/liquor stores and that they are only offered to exclusive and high quality restaurants and distributors.
- To maintain an intimate wine club limited to a select few in order to be able to cater to an exclusive clientele.
- To continue to grow and source the highest quality Chardonnay and Pinot fruit to bring the best experience to our friends, family and consumers.
Our passion for life, family, business, food and wine, waterfalls to our passion for producing and selling the best Chardonnay and Pinot possible. You will find us on tractors, handling the soil, pruning, mowing, crushing, barreling and bottling. It is important for us to stay involved in the entire wine production process to ensure that our stringent demands are always met. As our label states, “This wine was handcrafted and lovingly touched from dormant vine to harvested fruit.” We believe that is the most important point.